Sweet Moments, Day 3 [Self Challenge]
Today was rough. First of all, I was going off of about 2.5 hours of sleep, until I took a short nap at 4:00 (I'm in my 3rd trimester, so this is really not cool). The lack of sleep made me irritable, understandably, and we had things to do today, which made my attitude even stinkier. I could easily skip this post. But I'm going to hold myself accountable. This moment now is for me to reflect on the sweet moments of today -- not the hectic and hairy ones.
Here we go:
- I thoroughly enjoyed a melange this morning as we set out for an early family appointment. It tasted extra-strong, somehow. It was goooooood.
- Our appointment went smoothly and ended quickly, and our son behaved himself very well during the waiting-periods.
- After dropping our son off at school, I went straight home. I was dreadfully tired, but somehow got pulled into the blogosphere (whoa -- spell-check is allowing that) and through the many posts I ended up reading, I was energized and uplifted and inspired enough to actually write an afternoon post of my own!
- I gave myself a manicure (I'm averaging two a week now -- pampering my nails is important to me, okay?).
Now, here's where things started to get kind of ugly. I'm not going to include the negative bits though -- not even with "albeits" or "even thoughs"!
- I did end up getting to squeeze a power nap in.
- I ate some chocolate-covered-cranberries for dessert, and am also going to devour some frozen grapes momentarily (my favorite).
- I received a great message from a great friend in the States.
- My living room smells like a macaron (thanks again, Glade!).
- This baby boy inside me is constantly moving around, reminding me he's there. That makes for a lot of sweet moments. Before dinner though, our 5yo got to feel a few baby-hiccups, and it was so sweet to see and hear him laugh at what a brilliant miracle in-utero-hiccups are!
- After bedtime prayers, our son said that he "even loves the robbers", but he wishes they would "stop robbing, and show God's love!" I have no clue why he started talking about robbers, but my heart melted, regardless.
- Ending my day with a devotion turned out to be just what the Great Doctor ordered.