Fall Favorites | The Circle
I know I'm not alone here, and I think fall captures the hearts of so many of us for many reasons: God's creation is beaming with an abundance of different colors; the weather is cooling down, which is a nice relief from the summer heat and is great news for people who love fall fashion (me! me! me!); coffee shops start offering seasonal flavors on their hot drinks; back-to-school season is upon us, which is exciting for everyone -- maybe a new wardrobe, new school supplies, new schedules, etc.; and among other fabulous fall-y things, we're only THREE MONTHS AWAY FROM CHRISTMAS!
My Fall Favorites
- I think my absolute favorite thing about fall is that I get to pull my scarves, oversized sweaters, and boots out of the closet. I absolutely love fall fashion, but if I had to pick just one favorite item, it'd be the s c a r v e s. I have soooo many scarves (my husband would tell you I have toooo many)! My wardrobe (for all seasons) is mostly patternless, and is on the verge of colorless (I prefer neutrals, thank you). I am not afraid of colors or patterns, though! In fact, most of my scarves are brilliantly colorful (because they're not just perfectly functional, they're the best statement pieces around). Also, many of my scarves were bought or given to me as souvenirs, which makes them even greater.
- GUESS WHAT! Vienna Starbucks actually offers Pumpkin Spice Lattes now! This is our third fall in Vienna, and until this year, the Pumpkin Spice Latte was not on the seasonal menu at any Vienna Starbucks stores. I was only slightly disappointed the first time I realized they didn't have it, because it's actually not my favorite drink at Starbucks, but when I saw it on the menu today, I figured I'd better order one since it'll only be available for a few months. And OH MY GRACIOUS. I didn't realize how much I needed a Pumpkin Spice Latte in my life. So, favorite fall drink? #PSL
- I'm not typically a "bucket list" type of person, but there are a few things I'd like to do this fall. Most importantly, I want to have a baby. (!?) Boy #2 is due in just a few weeks, so I think I've got that pretty much covered. Before the baby comes though, I want to take our 5yo to the zoo again, because the zoo (especially Vienna's zoo) in the fall is absolutely fabulous, and because my year-pass expires in November. Also I'd like to go on a date with my husband before the baby comes (this may be asking too much). Lastly, and this goes for before and after Baby, I'd like to get out and go for a walk at least three times a week. For my health, for the baby's health, and for the general health of my husband and 5yo son, I think it'd be best if I got out every once in a while, and since I won't be volunteering at ICSV this school year, I'll have to make myself get out!
- So many wonderful things happen in the fall, including the burning of scented candles. I'm not sure what I'd say my favorite fall scent is, but while we were in the States over Christmas last year, my husband got me some Bath and Body Works cinnamon-scented candles, and they are to die for. (We don't have BBW here in Vienna, so that makes these candles smell even better.)
- The only word to describe the fall weather in Vienna is 'PERFECT'. Say it with me, now: P E R F E C T. The temperatures are just right, the leaves turn colors, the sun shines, there's a bit of a breeze... it's heavenly. I cannot stand being hot, so when the weather cools and Beautiful Fall comes around after a hot, humid summer (with no AC, mind you), fall is something to be very thankful for.
- My favorite things to do outside in the fall (or, probably during any season) are to wander, and to people-watch. (I'm not sure what it is, exactly, about people-watching, but it - is - a - joy.) Today I ventured out after having been sick with a nasty cold for two weeks. I sat my pregnant self down on a park bench with my book, and between chapters I was able to take in so many beautiful things that I'd missed about this gorgeous city. It was fabulous.
So, what do you love about fall?
I joined The Circle linkup for this post, to share some of my fall favorites, because even just writing about fall makes me happy! Follow along! The prompts are (I skipped a few and added my favorite fall outdoor activities):
- Favorite fall fashion/clothing item?
- Favorite fall drink?
- What's something on your fall bucket list?
- Favorite fall recipe?
- Halloween candy or Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Favorite fall scent?
- Favorite fall holiday?
- What is fall (weather) like where you live?